I-4 shut down due to death investigation

I-4 shut down due to death investigation

Stretch of I-4 shut down due to death investigation

A section of eastbound lanes of I-4 in Orange County is shut down

Updated: 8:11 AM EST Jan 27, 2023

Hide Transcript Show Transcript

WEEKEND WARM UP AS WE LOOKED WORK NEXT WEEK. JASON: LET’S GET YOU BACK TO THE BREAKING TRAFFIC NEWS. LOOK AT THE SITUATION THIS MORNING ON I-4. ORLANDO POLICE SAY A DEATH INVESTIGATION IS SHUTTING DOWN THE EASTBOUND LANES ON I-4 BETWEEN JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY AND ORANGE BLOSSOM TRAIL. WE HAVE SEEN THE CHOPPER UP AND ARE FLYING ABOVE THE INVESTIGATION. TRAFFIC IS GETTING THROUGH IN THE EXPRESS LANES BUT LEADING TO THESE DE — DELAYS. ELSEWHERE ON I-4, WE ARE LOOKING GOOD. RIGHT AROUND THE FAIRBANKS CURVE , THE DRIVE COMING FROM SEMINOLE COUNTY INTO ORANGE COUNTY ON THE WESTBOUND SIDE OF I-4 IS UP TO SPEED. THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD IN THE CHAMPIONS GATE AREA. WE WILL LET YOU KNOW ABOUT ANY TROUBLE SPOTS AHEAD. SANIKA: THE EASTBOUND SIDE OF I-4 IS SOMETHING WE HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING ALL MORNING LONG. JASON: IT IS WHERE WESH 2’S BOB HAZEN JOINS US LIVE. AS YOU DROVE TO THE SCENE, WHAT DID YOU SEE? BOB: THERE ARE A LOT OF MARKERS DOWN ON THE INTERSTATE. THOSE ARE USUALLY PUT DOWN FOR BULLET CASINGS. I WANT TO SHOW YOU WHAT THE SCENE LOOKS LIKE WHERE WE ARE AT THE MOMENT. THIS IS THE OFFRAMP FROM I-4 ONTO OBT. YOU CAN SEE THAT VEHICLE. IT IS A DARK AUDI HATCHBACK THAT HAS TONS OF DAMAGE ON THE FRONT END AND THE SIDE. THAT IS AT THE END OF THE RAMP FROM I-4. POLICE HAVE THAT ROPED OFF. THEIR HAVE BEEN CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATORS TAKING PICTURES. I WANT TO SHOW YOU SOME VIDEO WE RECORDED AS WE DROVE BY THE INITIAL SEEN ON I-4 EASTBOUND. WE WERE IN THE EASTBOUND LANES AND WE COULD SEE THE EVIDENCE MARKERS, A TON OF THEM ON THE HIGHWAY AS POLICE INVESTIGATE THE SCENE ON I-4. WE ARE TOLD THIS IS A DEATH INVESTIGATION. I WANT TO SHOW YOU VIDEO FROM THE CHOPPER LOOKING DOWN, ANOTHER ANGLE OF THE SCENE ON I-4, THE EASTBOUND LANES. . WHAT WE ARE TOLD BY ORLANDO POLICE IS THIS IS A DEATH INVESTIGATION. WE BELIEVE THESE TWO SCENES ARE CONNECTED BECAUSE WHERE THE CAR IS A FEW HUNDRED YARDS AWAY FROM WHERE I-4 IS SHUT DOWN AND POLICE ARE INVESTIGATING IN THE MARKERS ARE DONE ON THE ROAD. ONE PERSON KILLED, WE DO NOT KNOW IF THE PERSON IS A MAN OR WOMAN, HOW THEY WERE KILLED OR THE CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS IS ALL WE ARE TRYING TO GET FROM ORLANDO POLICE. AS WE GET MORE INFORMATION, WE’LL BRING IT TO YOU. WE KNOW IT HAPPENED AROUND 10:40. WE ARE WORKING TO GET MORE INFORMATION FOR YOU AS THIS

Stretch of I-4 shut down due to death investigation

A section of eastbound lanes of I-4 in Orange County is shut down

WESH

Updated: 8:11 AM EST Jan 27, 2023

Shortly after 10:30 pm Thursday, a section of Interstate 4’s eastbound lanes in Orange County were shut down to traffic. Orlando police say the closure is due to a death investigation. The blocked area on I-4 is between South John Young Parkway and South Orange Blossom Trail. The express lane remains open. Bullet casings were present at the scene, along with a crashed vehicle near the OBT ramp. As of 7:30 Friday morning, no further details were provided, as the stretch of I-4 remained closed. Top headlines:Police negotiator recalls talking down woman suspected of killing husband at Daytona Beach hospitalMother sues Orange County Public Schools over alleged volunteer ban for OnlyFans accountFlorida power companies want to raise electric bills up to 20%

Shortly after 10:30 pm Thursday, a section of Interstate 4’s eastbound lanes in Orange County were shut down to traffic.

Orlando police say the closure is due to a death investigation.

The blocked area on I-4 is between South John Young Parkway and South Orange Blossom Trail. The express lane remains open.

Bullet casings were present at the scene, along with a crashed vehicle near the OBT ramp.

As of 7:30 Friday morning, no further details were provided, as the stretch of I-4 remained closed.

Top headlines:

Hurt in an accident? Get the help you need instantly by calling 888-577-5988

The post I-4 shut down due to death investigation first appeared on Daily Florida Press.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Committee week in Florida’s Capitol: Welcome to the festival of ignorance

Democratic governors press U.S. Senate to act on voting rights legislation

U.S. House GOP would make it easier for feds to give public lands away to states